Why This Blog?



For long I have been asking myself this question: Why the human race, despite all its achievements has got stock with the “either-or” mindset: I can either be a vegan or a meat eater, a Christian or a Muslim, a democrat or a republication. Why not Both, why not All?  

I believe our education and upbringing have conditioned us to see life in fragments: mine, yours, theirs. This has caused a collective mindset of separation and isolation with considerable cost – personal, social and material – leading to, among others, disconnection, loneliness, and anxiety.

Could seeing the big picture change that?

Comments

  1. As we go through life, we are given or acquire ‘labels’: my name, my nationality, my job, my religion, my, my … Over time, these become my identity and I come to define myself by these attributes, and defend them with all my might!

    In essence though, I am not my job or my country - I am a member of the human race. My job is what I do and my country is what I love and my culture is what I cherish. But none of these should prevent me from appreciating other jobs, or love other nations or cultures. That is one way to get around the “either-or”.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can the Corona Crisis Change the World - Forever?

KNOWING YOUR TRUE SELF by Dr Cyrus Varan

Why Do Smart Managers Make Bad Decisions?